PAVING THE WAY TO ADVENTURE DIVING
It's fascinating, it's fun, it will fit into your vacation schedule - and it will make you a much better diver.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course delivers on all this. No exam and minimal reading, but five great dives. Not only will you get to see some incredible aquatic life, but on the Fish Identification dive you'll learn how to identify it using your complimentary underwater Tokoriki fish card. Or you could video or photograph it on the Digital Underwater Imaging dive.
A very special option is the Night dive - visiting the reef after dark is an experience not to be missed. On the other hand, if you haven't dived for a while, you might choose an easier option - a simple Boat dive can be counted towards your certification.
Then there are two dives that you must do in order to qualify as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver. The Deep dive allows you to experience diving to a maximum depth of 30 m/ 100 ft in a safe and controlled environment, and completing this means that your future dives need no longer be limited to 18 m/ 60 ft.
Finally there is the Underwater Navigation dive. You'll learn how to not go round in circles (unless you plan to), how to use compass and natural navigation techniques, and all in all how to become more aware of your surroundings underwater.
NEED TO KNOW
PADI advanced open water Diver Course schedule:
5 Dives that can be scheduled over a week's vacation or just two days. You tell us!
2 core (mandatory) dives: Deep and Navigation and 3 elective dives (choose from: Fish ID, Underwater Naturalist, Underwater Digital Imaging, Night, Boat, and Multilevel and Computer Diving).
Minimal Tokoriki poolside reading or eLearning option to do theory online at home.
PADI Advanced open water diver Cost (theory and practical at tokoriki):
F$1245 per person.
eLearning PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Cost:
eLearning: AU$181 per person. This section is done at home prior to arrival at Tokoriki Island Resort. Sign up for PADI eLearning
eLearning Advanced Open Water Course: F$1065 per person for practical training at Tokoriki.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Manual or eLearning Option.
- 5 Open Water Dives.
- Fish ID slate
- All equipment hire.
- Certification fees to PADI.
- AUD$10 donation to PADI Project AWARE
- 25% Government Taxes.
Terms & Conditions:
- Participants must show proof of PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent from other agencies.
- PADI Advanced Open Water divers must be fit to dive according to the PADI Medical Form. Should you have to answer "yes" to anything on the form you will need to get medical approval to dive.
- We strongly recommend that you have travel medical insurance that includes scuba diving.
- Please allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying.